Thursday, February 17, 2005

The House has been dug out!

Sorry that I haven't updated in a bit. We have been super busy the last few days trying to get everything tied together before we leave for Paris.

Uncle Dean has now actually dug out for the foundation, leveled the lot, dug the service ditch and has even dug the ditches for the septic system so he is leaving today for a few weeks. Shalisa and I have told him a bunch of times how grateful we are that he has done this job for us, he has been an absolute pleasure to work with and has really helped us on a lot if issues that we had no clue what was going on.

Yesterday Steve from Hiline Homes came out for the first stake out. We staked out where exactly the house and garage was going to be on the property and it fits perfectly, so that was great news. He then scheduled the 2nd stakeout for Wednesday at noon. At the second stake out I am not exactly sure what he is going to do, but we have to have our building permit, temporary power, temporary water and a few other items available to him. Temporary power is going to be cutting it a bit close, but the current schedule is to have our temporary service wired and installed tomorrow evening. I will call for an LNI inspection which should be done some time on Tuesday. Then Tuesday evening Shalisa and I will go and cover the wire with dirt so that it isn't exposed and I have scheduled with Jim Craker at the PUD to have the service turned on first thing Wednesday morning. Although it is cutting it close I feel confident that this schedule is not only doable but will happen.

The problem is with the county (I know, for all you regular readers, big shock!). We put our Permit application in on February 1st, it is now February 17th and the planning department hasn't even looked at it yet. If we don't hear from the county in the next day or 2 I don't think we will have our building permit by Wednesday, but we are still praying. (And we would like to ask others to pray for us as well).

The reason we would like the building permit by Wednesday so badly is that after talking with Steve he told us that the concrete foundation guys are 2-4 weeks out. If we aren't able to schedule the concrete guys on Wednesday then we won't be able to schedule them until the Monday AFTER we get back from Paris. That means a 12 day delay, plus there would still be 2-4 weeks before they could come out and do the work. BUT if God performs a miracle (and honestly it will take a miracle from God for us to get our building permit in time) and we get our building permit in time that means the concrete could be poured the week that we get back from Paris, which would be such a blessing.

Please keep us in your prayers, it isn't life or death if we get our building permit in time, but it would definitely help our stress level and anxeity if we could.

No comments: