Tuesday, September 14, 2010

End of Summer Happenings

I feel like summer came to an abrupt end. I'm not sure why as my kids are not in school yet, so I don't feel that we were hit by the school-bus. The weather turned down its thermostat rather quickly I feel, and my outside to-do projects are slipping ever- so- quickly from my hand. My visions for my yard are a little foggy; or perhaps, I'm just not sure on how to accomplish my tasks. OR - could it be that I'm just a regular mom with tiny hands to hold and crafts to conjure that I couldn't possibly do it all? I think that is why summer is now at an end when I feel like it just began; I let it slip by too quickly while I was playing "race you to the big weed and back".

Near the end of this season we went blueberry picking with our sweet friend. I asked Maddie what she wanted to do with her berries and she said, "Make a pie!", so I made her pick all the berries for that pie, and she did! It was yummy.We've been enjoying our boat quite a bit, and decided to use it as our mode of transport to Olympia's "Sand In the City" festival. We drove to Harsteine Island, plopped the boat in the water and jetted off. I say jetted - Ryan would probably say cruised at a mediocre speed. At any rate, we were off and found ourselves spotting the capitol building about 20 minutes later. Unfortunately, we were uninformed about the docks being under construction, which wouldn't normally be a total catastrophe except that the lone dock remaining was "reserved for Sand in the City". We understood this to mean that we could dock our 15 ft. boat next to the behemoth yachts that were tied up, but once we tried they told us that we could not, they were saving the space for some other boat on its way. Ryan was able to let us out while manned the boat away from the dock. We learned a few things, so we were glad we went anyway, plus we got some cute pictures of the kids. Annora was out like a light after just 5 minutes in the boat.

No comments: