Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Nuts and Such

We continue on with our dinner time saga of eating "one bite". Some people think we are too kind, but I figure if she'll at least eat one bite she'll realize that she likes it...such as in last night...

We're sitting down to a lovely dinner of cashew beef stir fry. Maddie is gobbling her rice as usual, and then turns stiff when she sees Dad put 2 veggies on her plate. That's her "bite". But she's pretty unsure about it. Then she sees something on MY plate. "What's that mommy?"..."It's a nut, called a cashew"..."I want a nut"..."OK, I'll get you one"...(Picks it up and chews it), "Sure, I can try it and I like it, more nuts please"...(Ryan and I eye each other and we agree on the reward system)..."OK, you can have another nut but first you have to eat your carrot"...(from the child who hasn't eaten cooked carrots in a year and a half) "Sure, I can try that"...anyway, this goes on throughout dinner she ate everything in the stir fry! Actually, I take it back, I knew she didn't like onions so I didn't make her take a bite, but she did asparagus...and the big shocker...beef! She actually ate a whole piece. So...we might be entertaining a lot of nuts for dinner from now on...asides from ourselves.

And my "little nut" is showing more and more of her "person" these days. So animated she's become! And hilarious! Today we had a nice light dusting of snow and she was sooo excited to go and play. So I told her she first needed some warm clothes. THIS is what she brought me to put on her. I can't believe she even brought accessories!

Thankfully I convinced her to wear pants later on for the sledding. Of course she's wearing pants under a dress, because we're still a little confused about if we're a girl or a boy without the dress. I've really got to find a good body parts book. And look who's really enjoying the snow! Annora! She loved it. Practically dove into it! Or rather did on occasion. I know she'd love it a lot more if she could move in that coat and her boots didn't keep falling off. So, pretty much all she can do is just sit there helpless and get wet and cold. She's looking forward to next years snow. Of course this year we are getting next years snow...Quite a pile up from our light dusting this morning.




2 comments:

The Edelbrocks said...

We do the same thing with Tayler excep we use berries... any kind of berry will do. If there are berries, she eats everything on her plate.

Matthew and Stephanie said...

I don't think Maddie is sensitive to the cold! Any girl who dawns a tutu as part of her cold weather gear was born for Alaska!