Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Being a SuperHero is Tiring.

The girls have a new love - "The Justice League". I love that our girls are open to more than pink princesses. It has a lot to do with the Dad and his childlike nature and reliving his wonderful childhood again with his kids. Previously we were watching the Tailspin shows, but recently some friends came over and their boys brought "The Justice League" shows. Madeleine was captivated by Wonder Woman. The very next day she started asking me for some blue star panties and a red bra. Ummm...no - but I will give her the next best thing - the wonder woman dress. She still wants some star panties for some reason. And I have to tape paper stars to her ears...I sure do love these kids. Annora is as quirky as Madeleine. The sweater you see her wearing is a 0-3 month sweater in my "to be made into dolls" pile. She REFUSED to have me cut it and DEMANDED to wear it then and there. What the hay - I pick my battles, and this was not one of them.

I was asked today to make Annora a Hawk Girl costume. But think instead of a 4 and 2 year old saying it - which sounds a lot like "hot girl". (me snickers) Two days ago the girls watched a show and the green lantern said something like, "Why do I feel like a hot dog". This is what the girls heard, and kept saying and laughing hysterically over for the last 2 days. I love it. Tonight, Madeleine requested the hot dog show. I watched it with them this time. Guess what - Green Lantern ACTUALLY says (after being beat up) "why do I feel like a hockey puck". Ha! I love these kids and I love superheros. Poor Annora got zonked last night from all her superhero superheroing. After she fell asleep under the table naked I just let her be - don't wake a sleeping bear. :)

No comments: