Friday, October 16, 2009

New Room

This is LONG overdue. But every time I thought to take pictures it was nap time. So, if you don't know already, I decided to paint Annora's bed turquoise, and decided shortly after that to put the girls in the same room. Which meant I had to paint some in Maddie's room, which turned out perfect. I've been long needing to put a border of some sort at the top of the wall, and the yellow scallops were quick and added a great whimsical touch. My Mom then found the perfect bed linens, a turquoise chenille and a patchwork in all the colors in the room. I'm in love. And the girls love their room too. Actually, Maddie gets pretty upset when she can't take her nap in there. She isn't quite beyond naps, but most days she rests for 20 minutes and then starts playing, sometimes screaming, "Annora, Annora!" because she really wants her to wake up so she can have a playmate. So the nursery turned playroom now has a bed in it for "Mom's sanity hour".

Speaking of Mom's sanity...my kids do stuff like this:What's that in the bathtub you ask? You don't want to know, but I'm going to tell you anyway. It's poop. Annora crawled in the tub after bath time and pooped in the tub. Maddie thought it was hilarious.

I've decided that all kids are like that. My kids are not unique in their quest to find new crayon canvas, unusual ways to eat food, and explorations of all kinds. But when these things happen, us parents can't imagine why a person would do such a thing, and they don't envision other kids doing the thing their child just did. But around the block Bobby Jo is using chocolate milk to paint smiley faces on the sliding glass door too. I'm just glad these things make me laugh. It makes my life richer.

In my past post of vaseline queen it reminded our parents and Ryan's grandma their own vaseline queen moments. There was a gallon jar of honey, peanut butter (on shag carpet nonetheless) and a container of Comet.

Life makes me smile.

2 comments:

Julia said...

I loooooove thier room!!! It's so Pretty in there!!

Water Buffalo said...

oh how I love that Turquoise bed and the whole room is tied together so nicely:) I like that your girls think its funny to poop in the tub....the few times those accidents happened my kids freaked out!