Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Thank you Whittakers!

Danny and Betsy, hope you are reading.

So, a couple years ago our friends came to visit. They live in Singapore where Danny is a teacher. Their little guy is Maddie's age. And with them they brought Maddie the most beautiful little outfit. Too big for her 6 month old body at the time, but it's been in her dresser ever since. I've had it in her pajama drawer lately as she's been only into dresses and thought they'd make really comfy sleep clothes...which turn into daytime play clothes ;) But Madeleine is very particular about most things in life. I think this might be a toddler/preschool phase. She likes to choose her pajamas, and she always has in mind which she wants, and more often than not the ones she has in her mind are dirty. So now the routine is that she opens the drawer and picks out what she wants. A couple nights ago she opens the drawer, throws everything out looking for "the princess mermaid pajamas that mommy sewed that Maddie cut with pink scissors", which were dirty. As I am explaining this to her, she looks at the pile of clothes and picks out the red paints and says, "Hmm. What's this. I never tried this before. Let me try it." And she proceeds to put the pants on and then finds the shirt. We've dubbed them the "Mulan" outfit. I was very happy to see her put it on. I've wanted her to wear it for quite some time, but it's very hard to get her to wear what you want her to these days. It's one of those battles I don't think is important in life, so I drop it most days. She wore them up till she got under the covers. That's when she realized they weren't the "princess mermaid pajamas mommy sewed that maddie cut with pink scissors". Ha! Good thing we have more than one pair of mermaid pajamas.

2 comments:

The Edelbrocks said...

Tayler doesnt even know who Mulan is... Lucky Lucky Maddie! NOW she must have every princess outfit there is! :) Maddie looks adorable!

Danny said...

She looks great! Glad she finally picked it.

Aaron can be the same way sometimes, but I'm pushy and can usually get him to wear what I want occasionally.